Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bumper's Green


by Mother Bumper

Follow one mother’s attempt to lessen her impact on the planet


Do you try your best to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle but never feel like you are doing enough? Confounded by the new fashion of organic everything? I know I am. This city has many sustainable alternatives to offer and I’ll help navigate through the myriad of information out there.
If we are going to make this planet a better place to live we need to share ideas about how we are doing it. Some of the best advice I received is “teach don’t preach”. I’m not a radical environmentalist, I don’t have a background in sustainable living, heck – I’m actually quite lazy. My lifestyle is nowhere near perfect but I’m doing the best with the resources I’ve got (well, kind of). Through my posts I’d like to share my new knowledge and research and I’d love to hear from others on how they are doing it. Mahatma Gandhi said it best: “We must become the change we want to see.”